Rather suddenly, everyone has become concerned about mold; we think of mold as a dangerous organism that can ruin our houses or make us very ill. The news talks about “Black Mold” and its toxic effect. But what is mold, and what makes it dangerous?
Lead-based paint has been a concern for most of us for over 30 years. Many home-owners have an understanding that lead can be harmful to our health, but most of us have little understanding as to why, and we don’t know what to do about lead in our paint. How do we make a decision to buy or improve our homes? Is there lead-based paint in my home?